GDPR / Compliance / Certification
De Gaulle Fleurance & Associés, in partnership with avec Europrivacy and Smart Global Governance, is glad to invite you to a webinar about :
Certification of data processing activities:
How to give your compliance program
a new blueprint?
Tuesday 23 March 2021
from 4.30 to 6 pm CET time
After a close to 3 year phase of integration of the GDPR legal framework by the various stakeholders, a new GDPR phase is starting with the implementation of a compliance certification system.
Certification is a strategic issue with more than 70 references in the GDPR (e.g. international transfers subject to appropriate safeguards, requirements about data processing security, …).
- Identifying and reducing legal and financial risks through an audit and risk analysis with Europrivacy;
- Improving the reputation and enhancing market access by means of a GDPR certification with Europrivacy;
- Establishing and building a trust-based relationship thanks to continuous updates and monitoring.
- Using this certification as a key step in the building of more global compliance programs
Europrivacy TM/® is the first data protection certification mechanism in the process for receiving official endorsement as European Seal under Article 42 of the GDPR at a EU scale. Designed with the support of the European Commission in collaboration with the Swiss Ministry of Research through the H2020 European Research Programme (https://www.europrivacy.com), it is closely aligned with ISO standards and completes management system certifications such as ISO/IEC 27001 or 27701.
While Europrivacy enables to certify the compliance of data processing activities with GDPR obligations, it has been designed to be easily extensible to other national data protection regulations outside the EU.
De Gaulle Fleurance & Associés is glad to be the first independent French law firm selected and qualified as Europrivacy official partner by the European Centre for Certification and Privacy.
We also are privileged partners of Smart Global Governance, the GDPR compliance tool publisher that has been selected by Europrivacy to accompany organizations in their certification project.
The Europrivacy program is international in its scope with possible interactions with local data privacy legislations (such as CCPA or LGPD) and actors outside the EU, including the FTC as well as global standardization players.
More about your smart journey to GDPR certification
with De Gaulle Fleurance & Associés here.
Program of the event:
1. Protection of personal data: a global issue
2. Certification: a European guarantee for compliance
- Muliple references in the GDPR
- Article 42 encourages the “establishment of data protection certification mechanisms, data protection seals and marks, for the purpose of demonstrating compliance”
- Article 43 paves the way for certification bodies to deliver, renew and control certification
3. The added values of certification
- A determining issue in the private or public sectors (risk management and reduction, insurance, market access, brand image, trust…)
- A major issue when dealing with regulators and supervisory bodies
- A strategic tool in compliance strategies of organizations
4. Certify the conformity of your clients’ data processing activities with Europrivacy: How it works ?
5. IT and consulting players around the Europrivacy certification at a global level
Limited number of registrants. This event is reserved for our customers and partners. It does not constitute « training » within the meaning of the CPF or the mandatory continuing education for lawyers.